Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Personal Financial Program Report 1

After spending some time planning with the financial program, I finally come up with a simple design document. The programming language I've decided to use is Visual Basic .NET. I have to keep myself up-to-date with this kind of high level language as I won't have chance to do those in my work.

I'll apply accounting concepts into my database design. Yes, those debits credits. I think that should be the best way to record all transaction precisely, and I'll be able to extract it out easily when I want to generate reports.

For database, I'll be using MySQL. No reason why I choose MySQL. It's my favourite at the moment. Maybe I wish to make it online, to work with PHP, for myself to access it from anywhere. But, this is not in my design yet. Future plan, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Can't find what you want? Search it here!


Google
 
Web lifeasprogrammer.blogspot.com