Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Visual Basic 6 and Microsoft Access 2003

I'd a friend with problem connecting to Microsoft Office Access 2003 database from Microsoft Visual Basic 6 (VB6). The reason for this problem would be quite straight forward. Since VB6 is developed in early days before year 2000, it shouldn't be able support Access 2003 or even Access 2000.

The easiest solution for this problem would be to convert the database file to Access 97 file format. For MsAccess newbies, go to Tools > Database Utilities > To Access 97 File Format to convert the file.

Second solution, which is supposed to be a better one, would be to upgrade your Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 to the latest service pack (SP). SP6 should the the latest one currently. I haven't done this before, but I guess this will definitely solve the problem...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

But be honest with me: do you really like using VB?

1:25 PM  
Blogger EngLee said...

Hmm.. I tough question. Actually programming languages is not a problem for me. I don't care much about the language. I personally find that VB is OK as I'm able to produce what I want in a shorter time. However, it has shortcoming in the sense that everything is too guided as it is a high level language.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Can't find what you want? Search it here!


Google
 
Web lifeasprogrammer.blogspot.com