Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Windows 2000/XP Password Recovery

I thought formatting is the only solution when the Administrator's password for Windows 2000/XP is lost. After spending some time searching in the internet, I found a website that provides the service to recover the password. Here's the steps:

  1. Download this image file for floopy disk (provided by loginrecovery.com).

  2. Create a bootable floppy disk with the downloaded file.

  3. Insert the disk to the computer which you want to recover the password.

  4. The disk will automatically retrieve the encrypted password into a text file.

  5. Upload the file to the website.

  6. Wait for 48 hours for FREE service. If you are willing to pay, you can get the password instantly.

Note: You may get the password partially (with *) before 48 hours, so please be patient (for FREE service only).




I would like to clarify that I don't earn anything from this guide. I'm just sharing my experience on recovering Windows 2000/XP password.

6 Comments:

Blogger EngLee said...

The site is using a different technique which I don't like. It changed/reset the password on that PC. I've seen a few sites doing that. Well, it's an alternative. :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger EngLee said...

Maybe I'm just one of the people who's afraid too much about losing my windows. If they are able to send me the password, I'll be able to log in using the normal way.

By resetting password, the bootdisk will look in your windows files and make modification to the files. What I afraid is, there will be many different SP or versions which Microsoft MIGHT change the way they store the password. (personal thinking, without prove)

I've nothing to lose if the loginrecovery read a wrong data from my hard disk. But if they change a wrong data to my hard disk, my windows might be corrupted?

That's what I'm thinking when I choose this solution. Maybe the experts who developed the mechanism would know better.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're missing spoonfork's point.

Say your password is "IamAdmin" and you upload the hashed password to the site and they managed to crack it in 1 hour. Then what happened between hour 2 and hour 48? They have your IP address where you connected, (don't think that even though you're on Dynamic IP, you can't be traced!)

So.. they come in lah!

On your concern, while those are valid concerns, you have to also understand that the program isn't gonna change your data files. That is _the_ most important thing isn't it?

The other thing is, as with all programs, it's better to know and understand what is done rather than blindly click on it and hope that it works as advertised and isn't spyware or what not.

Make informed decisions.


Ps : if what they say is true, crackable in 10 minutes, I'll have to say your password is really weak!

10:14 PM  
Blogger EngLee said...

Hmmm.. if I'm able to log in and send the hashed password to them, I would not need to crack it. :)

I know spoonfork has a valid point there. I didn't say his solution is bad. But, he's not in my situation where the problem is with another computer which is not connected to the internet.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI i tried loginrecovery.com, but both methods (floppy disk and cd) wouldn't work. computer boots up allright but freezes comlpetely after the linux kernel loads. does anyone know why that is? btw its a fujitsu lifebook.

8:12 AM  
Blogger EngLee said...

Have you selected floppy as the first boot device in BIOS?

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Can't find what you want? Search it here!


Google
 
Web lifeasprogrammer.blogspot.com