Friday, September 09, 2005

Avoid "Click Here" Links

I know it's normal for publishers to use "click here" when they are creating links. I'm also one of them who always do this. Normally, I would publish my links this way:

To read more about why "click here" links are bad, click here.

But, after I've read about why "click here" is a bad linking practice, you can see that I'm using a different way of linking.

As another option, you may want use:

Related article:
Why "Click Here" is Bad Linking Practice

Agree?

4 Comments:

Blogger dJ phuturecybersonique said...

it also affects how search engines indexes the webpage. try googling for 'here' and see where 'here' leads to. ;)

12:00 PM  
Blogger EngLee said...

Yes, that's the main problem stated in the site! :)

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do try when possible to link the words that are related to the link as it looks neater. However there are time when linking to the word "here" just seems easier, I think I should try to do this less in future!

4:42 AM  
Blogger EngLee said...

Just try to avoid it! Be search engine friendly! :)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Can't find what you want? Search it here!


Google
 
Web lifeasprogrammer.blogspot.com